Conditioning camp schedule for next week, September 28th – October 3rd.
Just a reminder that evaluations will be next weekend (October 2nd, 3rd, 4th) for U11, U13, and U18. An evaluation schedule and evaluation details will be out shortly.
We want to thank all of our members for their patience as we navigate through this development season. We are currently trying to update the website with all of the current information.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.
Other NEWS for 2020-21 Season includes Non-Checking in U15 Tiers 4,5, and 6. This is all across our league and includes all 6 leagues in Alberta. Read more in the information bulletin here.
September 24, 2020
Hockey Alberta wants to remind you that Hockey is Back.
– Minor Hockey has started.
– Travel is permitted.
– Tiering games will happen.
– LEAGUE PLAY IS ON ITS WAY
Hockey Alberta under the guidance of the Government of Alberta and Hockey Canada has developed a comprehensive Return to Hockey Plan.
The plan has been designed to ensure the safety of the players, coaches, officials, volunteers and all involved in the game, is the top priority.
It is a document that Hockey Alberta will continue to review, adapt and evolve as the COVID-19 situation and guidelines implemented by the Government of Alberta and Hockey Canada change.
But, in short – HOCKEY IS BACK.
LEAGUE PLAY IS ON ITS WAY
Phase: League series/pod play
Rough dates: Estimating after November 16
League schedules will be built to maximize games played, based on the current restrictions in place at that time. With the primary focus on the 14-day break when switching cohort groups (the team(s) you play against).
TIERING GAMES WILL HAPPEN
Group: Minor Hockey
Tiering Phase: Competition Cohorts (Pairs and/ or Groups of Teams)
Dates: Teams Selected & Ready to Participate by November
Important to Note:
- Hockey Alberta and our Minor Leagues have a plan for a transition into a ‘Modified Competition Season’.
- Using existing cohort guidelines from AHS, teams will be grouped to participate in Tiering play.
- Teams must be prepared for Tiering Play by ensuring they take a 14-day break after any Exhibition Play.
- Leagues will switch Competition Cohorts within Tiering Play by utilizing a 14-day break from cohort activity.
TRAVEL IS PERMITTED
Important to Remember for Minor Hockey:
- AHS has removed the limitation of cohort groups remaining in respective health zones, when Cohort Guidelines are followed.
- NO TOURNAMENTS are permitted at this time, as they DO NOT comply with Cohort Guidelines.
- Travel will be permitted. Hockey Alberta and its leagues are working together on timelines, and exhibition games could occur as early as October’.
- When travel occurs, all teams must follow the proper Cohort Guidelines – a 14 day break when switching to play a new team.
MINOR HOCKEY HAS STARTED
Current Phase: Prep skates/ Physically Distanced Sorting (try outs, camps, etc) are currently in progress
Rough dates: September 7 – October 8