EVALUATION SCHEDULE AND DETAILS
Levels that have multiple combined teams will be taking part in the evaluation process. Evaluations will take place on Friday and Saturday in Thorsby, and will be in Warburg on Sunday. Refer to the schedule for times and location details.
Parents are allowed in the stands for evaluations but there will be a sectioned off area specifically for the evaluators. Please respect their space and observe from the other areas of the stands.
PLANNED TEAMS AT PRESENT TIME
* U7 (Initiation) – Each community will have its own Initiation team. Thorsby and Calmar Initiation will play in Thorsby and the Warburg Initiation will play solely in Warburg.
* U9 (Novice) – Two teams with a combination of Thorsby and Calmar players. One team with only Warburg players.
* U11 (Atom) – Three teams with a combination of Thorsby, Calmar and Warburg players
* U13 (PeeWee) – Two teams with a combination of Thorsby, Calmar and Warburg players
* U18 (Midget) – Two teams with a combination of Thorsby, Calmar and Warburg players
There will be two U11 scrimmages on Saturday and Sunday, meaning the U11 group will be split in two. The U11 families will be contacted Friday and Saturday evening to inform them which ice session their child is to take part in.
We are using an outside company that specializes in player evaluations and placement – Bardown Education – and is the same group we used last year. Bardown will be sending out some information on how they conduct the evaluation process. We plan on passing this information along to our members as soon as we receive it.
OPT-OUT OR ILLNESS
Any players wishing to opt-out of evaluations will be placed on the lowest team for their level. We ask that any families wishing to opt-out of evaluations please notify someone from your association so we know ahead of time. In the event that your child is sick or injured, preventing them from taking part in evaluations, we do have procedures in place for placing these children on the correct team at a later date.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to being able to start forming teams this time next week. Please watch your email for further evaluation info throughout the week.