Calmar Minor Hockey’s AGM will be at 7pm May 29th, 2019 in the curling rink.
Here are all available board positions that will open this coming AGM. Your volunteer efforts are so valued and very much needed. Let your voice be heard and help CMHA be the best it can be!
Positions open for nominating because of resignation:
These are the duties included in the registrar’s position:
- Maintain and administer registration process via board approved methods (website)
- Collect required documents for coaches application process
- Complete Hockey Canada & Hockey Alberta registration requirements within HA timelines
- Ensure proper documentation is completed for inbound and outbound player movement as required by HA.
- Attend annual registrars meeting as provided by HA for updates and communication of information back to CMHA
These are the duties included in the treasurer’s position:
- The Treasurer shall maintain all financial records as required by the Association.
- Present the records for audit and present the audited financial statements upon completion to the board.
- Receive and deposit all funds of the Association in the bank designated by the Board.
- Submit bills for approval of payment to the Board as required.
- Prepare cheques in payment of accounts for signature and disbursement.
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Board.
- If the Treasurer resigns before the term of office expires, the financial books shall be audited prior to take over by the new Treasurer.
These are the duties included in the ref coordinator’s position:
- Coordinate and schedule applicable referees for all CMHA games (exhibition, league and provincial)
- Work with Referee coordinators form various associations to obtain required officials as needed.
- Report monthly to the treasurer a list of officials used with in the month (Names, address, game date, level, system used)
- Be listed with North Zone Referee council as CMHA representative. Deliver communications as required from time to time to CMHA and officials.
- Work with CMHA board to determine recruitment & training requirements to foster local officials and growth of local officials
These are the duties included in the website position:
- This position will involve updating, managing and designing CMHA’s website and face book page. Therefore the volunteer will need to be able to commit to attending monthly board meetings, and any other training that may be required.
- Work closely with the registrar to ensure that the RAMP program is linked properly with the website.
- Includes uploading game schedules for all teams, black out dates, tournament information etc.
- Duties will also include close communication with team managers to assist them in contacting the teams and members.
- Relationship between web/communication directors and other executive members of the association will be crucial. Our goal is to utilize the website as a main communication tool.
Positions open for nomination because of request for position change
These are the duties included in the ice coordinator’s position:
- Schedule and maintain ice requirements for CMHA.
- Liase with town of Calmar recreation coordinator as required to secure CMHA ice requirements, resolve deficiencies or issues with the arena, staff, equipment etc.
- Work with team managers to secure required ice and schedule changes as required from time to time.
- Work with all parties to ensure CMHA ice utilization is maximized
These are the duties of the fundraiser’s position:
Fundraising and Licensing Coordinator
- Plan and coordinate fundraising efforts of the association, including casino’s, oilers 50/50 and other events as deemed appropriate by CMHA board
- Complete all ALGC applications for approved fundraising activities of CMHA & teams
- Reports results as required to ALGC for all fundraising
- Act as liason for tournament supplies as required form time to time